Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's simply ironic last night..

I went home from work, and decided to not go to the Blues Home Game. (The 1st one I've missed this season)

I decided to take in the tv version, and see what the crying was all about this Bernie feller..

As I was watching the game, I was getting great text updates from my buddy Abar. (He decided to partake in UND's travel to Duluth, I believe its his 1st endeavor at the DECC.) The ironic thing was he would text me that the ref's were horrible, and I laugh, but noticed the ref's were horrible last night for the Blues as well.

Then a minute or two later he texts:
Sioux GOAL!

As I receive his text, the tv erupts,
"Backes down low, feeds it to the net, GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!"

Blues go up 1 simultaneously with the Sioux going up 1.

Then later he texts:
1-1

As I receive that, the tv bellows:
"And the Ducks get one by Manny!"

I laugh as I text him back, ya same here. Weird....

Next text I get, I just focus on the tv, and sure enough GOALLLLLLLL!!!

I laugh, and open the text, and sure enough Abar's telling me Gregoire gets the Sioux up 2-1.

Then I get a text from him saying the Bulldogs tied it up with the Sioux, and I start cursing.. Thinking and knowing the Blues are now going to lose the lead..

BUT then with about 1:45 left in the game, the refs call a BS call against the Blues. I'm now cursing at the tv, and my phone. Looking for my bad call brick!

Knowing in the back of my head, this team should have lost, and that they actually led the game is good for the team. But the game is going, and the Ducks, are sucking it up, and there is :45 seconds left in the game, and I'm thinking they can get it done..

With 10 seconds left the Ducks are putting great pressure, and with .09 seconds left and about 6 bodies on top of Manny and laying in the crease, and the net off its moorings, the Refs whistle a goal for the Ducks to tie it up!!!!!! UNNNNNNNNNNBELIEVABLE!

I'm even more pissed because tv replays and replays and replays the goalie interference and player in the crease when the puck isn't.....

I mean how terrible of a missed call is that.. Don't even get me started about the missed call about a minute before that.

Well OT starts, and then Stempy scores! So the Blues win, unlike the Sioux who decided to Sister Kiss the Bulldogs. (I wish the WCHA would go to shootouts, it guarantees someone leaves with a smile on their face.) That was the game winner in OT, right between the legs of the "Great Pronger" (I'm so sick of reading about how this guy shouldn't have been traded in the Blues Forums.. It's sickening.

Check out the Blues New 3rd Jersey in action here. I like them.

3 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

I think they should give the fans one of those bricks as they come i the arena. :) JK...

Jum said...

Creepy how both teams were scoring at the exact same time....

Jum said...

Creepy how both teams were scoring at the exact same time....