Saturday, November 15, 2008

4 Goals 4 Fights all in 1st period of this Rivalry matchup:

Blues won here's the story here. Brad Boyes is the worst forward at defense I've ever seen. He reminds me of Brandon Bochenski circa 2002. Where all he does is sit around and wait for the other forwards to pass him the puck, so he can shoot. Since Andy Murray is quoted as saying, "Brad needs to get the puck more, so he can shoot it, he's got the best Shooting %age.." I've witnessed Boyes get dominated way too many times at both ends of the ice in the corners... Just disappointing..

Well I predicted defeat. My reasoning:

Chicago's just going to out University of North Dakota the Blues...

The Blues have Oshie, who is hurt, and they have Porter waiting in Peoria... So going into last nights games, the Blues need to fill 3 Forward spots, as Hinote-4th line, Karya-1st line, Oshie-1st/2nd line are injured...

Instead of calling up Porter who scored his 1st Career NHL goal against the Hawks, while playing wing on the top line that night.. They decide to put in both enforcers, and call up Cam Paddock, a career AHL'er who's played some 6 years in the AHL, never playing a single game in the NHL.

So the Blues do the exact opposite of what they've done all year, which was play good in the 1st period. McD scored a shorty to start it off, and the Blues led 3-1 going into the 2nd period. Where they played crappier and crappier as the game went on.. I fell asleep in the 3rd as I have a bad flu, but the Blues went on to win in OT... I guess I predicted wrong, I thought Toews was going to breakout, and walk all over Manny.... (Giving him nightmares, that's how bad)

Yan Statsny battles with Sharp, I dislike Statsny mainly because everyone thinks he's great because he's from St Louis, and his brother is Paul... Also doesn't help he's taken up Port's spot on the roster from what JD and JR tell me... Grrrr....

So for those keeping track:

Blues may have a crappy record overall right now, but have a 2-0 record against the Hawks who are 2nd in the division.

No comments: