Saturday, December 13, 2008

When your coaches voice goes hoarse...

It's tough when you're coaching a team plagued with injuries, but yet you're still proving the media pundits wrong. The media in almost every publication basically declared the Blues a top 3 pick in the '09 Draft. Not a bad deal considering who's going to be up in that draft. But I didn't think the Blues would stay down there at all. With 3 scoring lines, and some freshy's that can and will make a huge impact I thought this team was going to scare and make a lot of people eat crow. They did for the 1st 6 games, then the injuries started, and its been treading at .500 ever since.

ONTO THE FACTS:
Did you know the last team to take San Jose (who's currently on a 26 game home unbeaten streak) in OT at home, was the St Louis Blues (Nov. 6th'08). Which brings me to my next hopeful thought:

"THE BLUES WILL TAKE SAN JOSE INTO OT." Garnering a point. I say the King's are the Blues Kryptonite, and the Blues are the Sharks Home Ice Kryptonite. (Or I could be dead wrong about my gut feeling, and watch the blues tonight get demolished by the Fish Eating Beasts.)

Last thought on this topic, "the Blues will have a huge uplift when everyone returns to the lineup from injuries, thus making it so much easier to watch a team barely lose, win, and then get demolished by teams." Also tonight is the Blues 6th game in 9 nights.. (hope they have better recharging machines then my energizer one I plug into the wall, cuz that takes at least a day and half..)


COLLEGE NEWS:
I'm excited to see my patience with the Fighting Sioux start coming to fruition. As they have scored lots of goals in the past the 5 games. They are on a winning streak, and a second consecutive sweep with a win tonight will prop them into the national rankings again. Hopefully all the people who were jumping off cliff's earlier this year, landed in those huge foam pits (god, I loved going to my ex-girlfriends sister's gymnastics practice to pick her up, because every time they'd let me jump from the trampoline into the foam pit.... ahh... to be a 16-18year old again...sigh...) For more info on the UND Men's team check out Goon's World, Sioux Yeah Yeah, and The Great Hockey Blog over on my dailies tab...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!