Friday, December 5, 2008

Bad Publicity is always good publicity...

This afternoon I had a great thought come to me as I was typing away on the Blues forum..

If a reporter were to come up to you and say they had some BREAKING NEWS about a player in the _____ League, I could probably guess what the issue is going to be based on the league...

If it's the:

NFL: It's there weekly run-ins with players getting shot or arrested. (type in a google image search of nfl player and the 1st 20 images will be players mugshots)
Baseball: It's always their drugs (Its their kryptonite)
(If you look closely this guy looks like Lance Armstrong before he competes in the 2018 Tour De France)

NBA: According to the Sports Law Blog I just read NBA player's love Marijuana, assaulting females, crack, more marijuanna, and a little battery to go along with it.
(Kobe Wants you to know, that he just wanted to say, No.)
And all the NHL can muster up is: "SLOPPY SECONDS?" How weak is that..
(Type in NHL Sloppy Seconds, and this is the 1st pic)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you still have a "thing" for Kelly Osbourne? You'd would for the story right??

Jum said...

It might not be as badass as the other sports, but the 'sloppy seconds' thing is way funnier.

BrettB in STL said...

Splendo: All I said is that I'd do it for the life she lives.. Heck even Sharon maybe.. Well if I slam Voddy straight, I'm up for anything most.

Bromo: It's funny, but the time doesn't fit the crime..