Friday, December 19, 2008

Congratulations.... Graduate

In honor of my Brother completing a great chapter in his life, I'm dedicating this post to the newest of College Grads from the Accredited University of North Dakota. (Fighting Sioux) This man is an Iraqi War Hero, a veteran of almost all drinking games, and a soon to be Certified Public Accountant doing International Tax for Deloite (after all the man has visited quite a few countries it just fits).

In lieu of this great honor I'm going to talk about one of my brother's favorite baseball players:

I went searching online for some funny Rickey Henderson quotes and anecdotes. Who doesn’t love Rickey? I know Rickey loves Rickey. My brother loved Rickey. I found what I was looking for at chiefsplanet.com.

Here are five of my favorites, but you can check out Chiefs Planet’s Top 25 by clicking on the link above. Well, onto Rickey:

1. In 1996, Henderson’s first season with San Diego, he boarded the team bus and was looking for a seat. Steve Finley said, “You have tenure, sit wherever you want.” Henderson looked at Finley and said, “Ten years? Ricky’s been playing at least 16, 17 years.”

2. Trying to get back into baseball, Henderson reportedly called San Diego GM Kevin Towers and left the following message on his answering machine: “This is Rickey calling on behalf of Rickey. Rickey wants to play baseball.”

3. A reporter asked Henderson if Ken Caminiti’s estimate that 50 percent of Major League players were taking steroids was accurate. His response was, “Well, Rickey’s not one of them, so that’s 49 percent right there.”

4. Rickey was asked if he had the Garth Brooks album with Friends in Low Places and Henderson said, “Rickey doesn’t have albums. Rickey has CDs.”

5. When he was on the Yankees in the mid-1980s, Henderson told teammates that his condo had such a great view that he could see, “The Entire State Building.”

Well brother my gift to you was a little humour of sorts, and a few ladies have a couple words to say to you as well:
Marissa says, "Don't forget your ipod you borrowed to me before you leave to Minny"
(Can't you see she's really excited for you, and sad all at the same time?)
And Jen says, "Eric you really should wear this tie to your 1st day of your 'Big Kids Job'"
(No Jen, I'll be happy to take that tie off your hands....)
Congratulations again Graduate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog was both appreciative and creepy!! Haha, Rickey wouldn't appreciate you blogging about Rickey without Rickey's permission.
Later Bro

Anonymous said...

hey all brettbergman.blogspot.com owner discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com