Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Starting is always half the battle...

Well the NHL season is 2 weeks in, and NCAA hockey is a week into what hopes to be a great fulfillment of my time untill March. March is the month of my birthday, also its the same day the St Louis Blues will be honoring all in attendance at the Scottrade Center for my birthday FREE FOOD!!!!!! I repeat if you go to my birthday party at the Scott, food's on the house!! lol

Well my new team: St Louis Blues, and my old favorite team: UND Fighting Sioux got off to great starts in the 1st games. Both won, convincingly. They both went on to lose their next... (Not so great, especially since I watched the Blues lose on tv, and watched the Sioux lose on the net.. )

But the 3rd game is what sets these teams apart. The Sioux were playing in an ice breaker tourney out in Boston, and completely dominated in shots, with over 40+ shots on net they only managed to score twice.. Oh well it's their 2nd game, and only 1st week working together with their coaches.. In the NHL they have preseason for that. In NCAA, they have an exhibition game. Many Sioux fans went hysterical at the thought of their beloved team losing 2-in-a-row.. But I don't worry as Coach Hak loves to turn his teams into momentum builders for the second half of the season. I wonder if he actually hopes they lose and are sparatic at the beginning of the year, so he can then build momentum for the end??? Consiparcy?? Anyone?? Buehler??

I was at work on Monday, Thanksgiving day.. Oh I forgot to mention that I told all my colleagues at work that since I used to live in Grand Forks, ND, were so close to the border that we celebrate Canadian National Holidays.. My boss actually bought it, but I decided to work anyway, I mean its monday, and I have a big vacation coming up.

So I'm pumped that my computer at work is able to listen to the hockey game on the net. Most things are firewalled for me. But sure enough the Blues find themselves down 3-0 in the first period. I went over to the Blues 'Boards, and sure enough there are like 100 posts under the game day thread about how the 'old Blues are back, and a bunch of garbage, I just started to laugh.. How quick everyone was to jump ship, and bail to make themselves sound smart!! Well with incredible plays, and defense by former Sioux, TJ Oshie shows how incredible he can be.




They eventually go on to win the game in an OT shootout 5-4, and media scribes here in STL are calling it Monday Afternoon Miracle.

This week it's going to be a great week for me. I get to watch the Dallas Stars, with Sean Avery, who everyone thinks is gay, but he's not, he definately likes chicks, and gets many models all guys dream of, but I wonder if he'll sign my ex-girlfriends Coach purse I never gave her?
According to the New York times he's quoted as saying his fantasy career would be:

"I’d like to be an editor of a fashion magazine. Creatively and artistically, it is something I’d like to do, and I think I have a lot of ideas that would be good on paper."

Also on Saturday I get to see my man-crush from UND, no not Zach Parise, no not Travis Zajac, no not Matt Greene, but Jonny T! As Abar knows, I've been preaching that this kid is the real deal, and everyone should have worshiped the ground he walked on at UND. Remember Abar, when we saw him at REA doing our routine walk-around, and he was just standing there in his Suit, chatting it up with some players moms? LOL, good times....
Here's to him going up against Oshie and Porter, for the first of hopefully many for me!

Ask me if I'm still bitter that Duncan won the Hobey? No, I'm not, he benefited from those two lads to his right in this picture, and all 3 know it..

1 comment:

EasyE said...

Brother, brother, brother. Welcome to the blog world dude!
Well organized thoughts although a little heavy on the hockey side but i dig it, with a shovel. YOur blog looks to be in good hands.