Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cause Escasty's got me standing here next you..

After getting home late from work, I cranked on the tube, to see A&E had some documentary of Jose Canseco titled something like "Last Shot" turns out I guess it was an hour long... I only watched the part where it showed him driving his crotch rocket into a minor league baseball game which had like 100 people in the stands, and he decided to walk all the way up to the top of the stands and sit by himself in complete obscurity... He then talked about how he wasn't allowed in any other baseball stadium, in the country... Then it showed all these fans coming up and over to him ask for auto's and pics and he obliged, it was his first time ever sitting at a baseball game since the big debacle.. It made it out to seem really sad for Canseco, who wishes he would have never wrote his book, or named names... How it cost him more then anything... blah blah blah... Then the last few minutes of the show an LA County Server of Papers (I can't remember what its called right now) showed up, and served Jose his papers saying how the owners of the Team and stadium he was sitting in was suing him! lol What was turning out to be such a great day, ended with a lawsuit... ouch Jose.. "The biggest mistake I made was, I should have not written (Juiced)," Canseco says. "The more I think about it, the more I regret mentioning these players in my book."


I think Jose was a whistle blower for sure, but he also opened a can of worms, and showed the reality of what Athletes really go through on a daily basis to keep their jobs... Now whenever an athlete has a breakout year, he's ridiculed and demoralized as to the only reason he's doing a good job is because he's on HGH or roids.. Which is plain silly. Some athletes have good years some bad... I'm no super fan, but I like to think some athletes are just that good, and physically healthy..

"Not me Brett, I'm a DFL" (Doper for Life)

1,500-meter runner Yelena Soboleva

5 comments:

Jum said...

Welcome to the blog world Bromo, why didn't you tell me about this months ago?

And I'm not coming to St. Louis for a hockey game...probably ever, let's be honest. But I will come for a Cardinals game next year, and if you can get Paul Kariya to score you tickets to the All-Star game in July, I'm there.

BrettB in STL said...

Alright All-Star Game tix, I'll see what I can do..

EasyE said...

Bro how can you feel sorry for Jose Canseco? He promoed his book for an f'in year before it came out. He went on every show that would have him and he bragged. Oh wait, sorry that you're a rat and that you made wild allegations about your colleagues. I'm sorry that never occured to you but hey now you know the next time right? It was necessary for steriods to be brought to the for front and I respect him for that, however, he was only doing it for money and fame. The Surreal Life taught us that.
By the way, I will go to a Blues game if you will come to a Wild game. First one to get tickets after I move there gets both games' drinks paid for. James, you are in on this bet too.

BrettB in STL said...

Bro I feel no remorse for Jose, I thought it was funny the documentary made it out to be a sob story.. I agree money, and the fame of the book made his head that much bigger.

As for tix, I found out a friend from college now works for the Scottrade Center, so I get free tix to every home game. (Untill they start selling out games) And then when that happens I can just get a players family section tickets. Also I can get us tix for thanksgiving week on Sat. vs Edmonton. Just need to ok it with mom, and Jess..

EasyE said...

They ok'd it! We are going to that game bro! Looks like I'm buying the brewskis.