Monday, January 19, 2009

Sorry Wheeler... Oshie is King


Thanks to Endo for that text, as I was busy still working and didn't watch the game yet tonight..

Also just took a look at Oshie's minutes for this game...
Oshie time on ice tonight was 21:21 ranking him 1st on the team for forwards a distant 2nd was David Perron with 19:38... Even better was the Bruins top forward at 20:52 was Marc Savard... I think the NHL Young Stars game better start figuring in an injury clause as this rookie is on FIRE!!!!


Although I do have to say MSU-Makato should induct David Backes into their Hall of Fame. All-around great gee, and a pretty good hockey player:


Oh ya, and I think the West has a lot better teams then the East in the NHL and College.. 'Nuff said..

7 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

If I had remembered I would have DVR this game. Too bad my Bruins lost in the shootout. :( Good for Oshie for scoring.

BrettB in STL said...

Ya, after watching it looked like a very characteristic Blues game, they play 2 great periods of hockey, and then in the 3rd just stop playing for a few minutes, get dominated by a goal or 2. Then lose a chance at gaining points.. BUT this time was different..

Also Oshie is 2/2 for Game Winners in the Shootout.(I don't think they've lost one yet in a shootout?)

ps tell whoever that Mav's blogger is that comments on your site who dislikes Backes, that he is/was the best player to ever don the Purple Cow uni! lol

Eric J. Burton said...

actually Amy is a big Backes fan.

LetsGoMavs said...

Hey now! You'll never catch me saying a bad word about Backes. Hands down the best player to come from the Mavericks to the NHL. The Blues are lucky to have him. 1st class act...on and off the ice.

I try to give him props on my blog from time to time but it's hard to keep up with NHL and college hockey. Honestly, I'm not that big of a NHL fan so that makes it really tough.

I always like to see Backes in action. This is the first season that I haven't made it to the Wild/Blues game to see him play:(

LetsGoMavs said...

OH, aside from him being an awesome player and guy I'm obligated to cheer for him for the rest of his hockey career. It was a promise I made to his mom when I happened to spill a little (ok, like a full beer) on her on the night that he committed to the Mavs. Oops! Luckily he's an easy guy to keep my promise on.

Anonymous said...

Beejon-
When you coming back to GF? I need you to pick me up a bottle of Long Island Ice Tea Mix...Just Add Cola! YAHHHH

Later,
Endo Jr

BrettB in STL said...

Ahhh the Long Island Mix, how I miss those days.. I shall return to the Forks de Grande soon. I was maybe thinking of entertaining myself the weekend of my bday, as it is the 1st round of the WCHA playoffs. Either that or I watch the Blues play on Saturday and Sunday the Scottytrade is giving all who attends on my bday free food.... It's kind of a big deal