Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hextall Mind Fluck's the Pio's

Last night was the 1st time I've ever seen a player get inside an opposing team's head and its coaches head so bad that, the whole team lost it's composure.

Also last night was the 1st time I'd ever seen a player mind fock a team to the point the team had to sit 4 players in the penalty box, all in the same sequence of events.

Hat's off to Brett Hextall, he took a huge elbow to the head, then was drug to the ground by another player after the whistle, and penalty was called. Then after that settled out play was supposed to resume, BUT the Denver Pio's goon's weren't done yet.

The ensuing faceoff didn't happen as another Pio Goon, decides to start slashing Hextall before the faceoff even occurs, sending that goon to the penalty box, plus an additional for what I'm sure was unsportmanslike, or delay of game, as the puck hadn't even dropped yet.

The story of last nights game should've been about the Sioux DOMINATING the current #1 team in the WCHA in a convincing manner by a tally of 8-3. But, it'll probably be known more for the DU MENTAL BREAKDOWN..

People love to talk about the Sioux being goons, but what I watched last night, was DU's numerous attempts to goon up the game. I understand when you're getting your butts handed to you by a team that's not supposed to be good, because the guys that do the polls say so. You get frustrated and want to start slashing, face washing the team that's making you look silly.

A few more things stick out, like when the DU players decided that since there was a stoppage in play and the Sioux players were trying to seperate themselves from the Pio players, the Pio players on the bench decided to stick their arms out and start punching the Sioux Players.. Classy..

I wish this was the NHL, as these tactics that the Pio's pulled last night would have never happened if the players were held accountable for their actions.. I mean that little Maini kid that tried to dog collar choke Hextall to the ground from behind after the play was whistled dead, would've put him as the #1 on any NHL Enforcer's List of people to go out and beat down the 1st second they hit the ice! lol (I'm reminded of Cam Janssen this week pointing at Cam Barker after his boarding/checking from behind/interference 5 minute Major on David Backes, it looked ugly, and Cammer was leaning over the dasher pointing and yelling, and the best part was the audio picked it up, and to keep it PG, he mainly just said that he's #1 on "the list", and that's how Pro Hockey settles it)

NCAA hockey, just lets it elevate, so the ensuing 5x3 powerplay the Sioux have DU sends out its goon line, and tries to injure the Sioux's top 3 forwards... I mean Coach Gwoz "knows the code" which obviously means when you're the coach that's up 5 goals, and on a 2-man advantage powerplay, you don't send out your best forwards, you send out your 5 goons to match up with his 3 goons..

Nice....

But hey, at least I get to watch round #2 tonight! So far with me watching the Sioux live, they're averaging 8 goals/game.. If they win by a blowout again tonight, like say 8-1.... I wonder what excuse some will come up with next??

8 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

He, he, he...

Eric J. Burton said...

http://goofsworld.wordpress.com/

apparently there are a few morons out there that are threatened by us. Look up on the right you're probably going to have a article written about you soon as well. Wouldn't you love to meet these clowns face to face? It is conjunction with the the college hockey blog as well.

BrettB in STL said...

lol, sounds like someone's mad, confused, and has way too much time also it's pretty hilarious she/he feels threatened by all of us.. lol

Eric J. Burton said...

I don't get it Brett some people take themselves way too serious, I blog for fun and amusement. I could care less if some moron likes my blog or not. The funny part is that they say we suck at blogging but then read our blogs. That defies logic. MAYBE they would like to get acquanited during the final five?

Jum said...

Here's how much I follow college hockey...when I first read the title, I was pumped because I thought you were gonna talk about Ron Hextall, the Philadelphia Flyers' goalie in the 80's and 90's.

BrettB in STL said...

Sorry bro-mo, although the two are related.. I'll maybe post a video or two of Hexy working his magic, as I'm dubbing him the best Shit -talker there is..

Also sorry, most of my posts are about NHL hockey, and College Hockey.. I try to mix in other sports, but they just aren't controversial enough for me, although I did watch the HBO sports sunday episode where they talked about NFL players carrying gat's because they're all of a sudden targets! lol

Anonymous said...

There is a post ripping on Goon's grammar and the post itself contains an error. Classic.

Eric J. Burton said...

Yeah I noticed that as well. They are nothing more than a bunch of clowns. I mean really you have to have no life if you're going to have two people combing through peoples blogs to nit pick every post and point.

Definiation of a loser(s) in my book.