Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's rid the Bison, in a way my ancestors did....

Let me 1st say, Welcome to March Madness!!!! BABY!!!!!!! (Enter Hooter's tv commercial featuring Dicky boy Vitale and his "new" friends at every one's favorite Restaurant)

I've heard a lot of debates going on the radio the past few weeks, about the "mid-major" teams not getting their fair shake to get into the Men's NCAA Basketball tourney..

I say who gives a sh-t. I mean really if you're one of those teams battling for that 65th spot, do you really think you're worthy of even making it? Much less make a run??

I mean go join a crappy conference like NDSU did, and win that tourney to get an auto-bid...


Ahhh, moving to my next point.. NCAA is awesome about getting crappy teams in over good teams due to their auto-bid selection.. I don't care if you're talking Hockey, or Basketball. Crappy Conferences produce Champions who automatically get in to the tourney, but in a way it all evens out, I mean the top teams need to get their practices in on someone..

But on occasion you just might witness an upset, a la #1 Minnesota vs #16 Holy Cross upset or what I call the Miracle at the Ralph in 2007. Let's hope something of that nature happens again in either the Basketball or Hockey Tourney..

I've also heard on the radio shows these media guys crying about how they only fill out 1 bracket for each sport, and that's it. Meanwhile other people who aren't the "experts" fill out numerous brackets, and then one of their 100 different brackets is almost perfect and then they brag about it..

I laughed at this because I thought it was funny they would bring something like this up on air, but since they did I laughed even more, because you know every year they probably get like a bazillion emails from guys who made more then one bracket and are rubbing it in at how great they are!

Last year, I participated in the Slice's NCAA basketball bracket challenge. The brackets were hosted on CBS, and I thought it was very entertaining to watch me climb the charts with my bracket.. The only thing I was looking to do was hold my own, and beat my bro's, at a sport I can't play, and barely watch.

Leading to my next point...

The only NCAA Basketball game I'll watch from start to finish will be.....

NDSU vs Kansas

Why: BECAUSE NDSU needs to get CRUSHED!

Why the hatred: I'm actually more pissed that these no talent ass clown reporters in Fargo, ND are trying to say that this teams entrance into the NCAA tourney is one of, if not the GREATEST sports story to come out of North Dakota!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Wow!! I'm not going to get into this debate, but let me just say a few things:

When you ask people about North Dakota Sports, they'll probably mention our Hockey Palace, or maybe our Numerous amounts of National Championships in Hockey, maybe even Phil Jackson..

What they won't say is:
"OH YA, they were the state that had that NDSU Bison team that played in the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament in 2009"


"but then got crushed by the defending Champ Jayhawks! By a score of 150-10 making them the biggest losers to ever play in the NCAA tournament!"

Well maybe they might say that..

3 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

That is funny. I agree too. You can't say sucks without NDSU

Anonymous said...

Oh really? What did NDSU personally ever do to you? Tell us all!

BrettB in STL said...

Anonymous:

NDSU's paper's and fans thought they were the greatest thing out of North Dakota. Which was a very very very naive thing to think. Big deal they made a tournament. If they would have done it with humility then I wouldn't be as mad about it..


Other then that my dad, brother, sister, and myself went to UND.. My mom on the other hand, well she wishes she went to UND instead of NDSU..