Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Playoffs!... Playoffs!??

Ahh yes, it's that time of the year folks...

Teams in all sports are starting to get riled up, and starting to think about the big P word....

March brings us March Madness (the only time college basketball is important in my household. As it's a time to prove to my brother and his friends that one doesn't even need to watch a single game, to beat half of them in picking out a bracket for the 64 teams or however many it is that make "the tournament")

March brings my Birthday, a huge event that it is.. (this year for my bday party I've invited 18,460 people to my party to watch the Blues play the Wild, and also the Scottrade Center is picking up the Food tab!...... and yes, if you're reading this you're invited just pick up a ticket to the game!)

Also March brings me NCAA Men's Hockey Playoffs!! And more importantly for the 5th year in a row, the University of North Dakota's men's hockey team is surging through second half the year like they're men amongst boys..

Or as Gopher player RJ Anderson put it back in January, "They came to a war with guns, and we came with butter knives."

Many may remember when people were doubting the Sioux, and jumping ship when the Sioux were in 9th place in the standings.. I simply disagreed, it doesn't pay to win the 1st half of the season, it pays to be on the giant title wave that is Fighting Sioux Hockey.. (Right Brandon ;) )


But anyway Sioux are in 1st place in the WCHA, and of course sorely overlooked in the National Polls being ranked as high as 7th.. (I think they should be higher, but that's why I'm not an "expert")


UND is 13-6-3 = 22 games played earning 29 points (Left to play: @ #9 Alaska Anchorage, Home vs #4-CC, @ #2 (in my book) Wisco) Avg. rating of teams left to play~5

Denver is 13-7-3 = 23 games played earning 29 points

Wisconsin is 13-7-2 = 22 games played earning 28 points

Works firewall is blocking me from getting Denver's and Wisconsin's schedules.. So my blog post ends here.. Untill I get them, and then I will analyze and predict who will fall where...

You heard it here first!!!!! ha ha ha

1 comment:

Jum said...

I can't argue with you; people who don't know a thing about college basketball can do just as good at picking games in March Madness....it's a crapshoot, that's why it's awesome.