Friday, February 6, 2009

Can't judge the players by their sport...

Last night was an excursion of sorts....

1st off it's very ironic that I blasted a certain type of Professional Athletes in my last post on this blog (that I've been neglecting lately, not my fault, I'm trying to get my tax stuff together, works been crazy yada yada yawn...)...

So last night, I'm meeting up with some friends to have some dinner, while watching the Blues game from one of my favorite spots in the Scottrade Center. (It's in the Bud Light Zone balcony, which is the same floor of the suite level, to kind of give you an idea on where my ideal game watching position is, it gives you the ability to watch the play develop.)

I get introduced by my friend to 2 of his friends.. So were eating and watching the game, I'm sitting next to this cat named Brandon, he's a little shorter then me, but the first thing I noticed was his watch that had me dub him as a rapper through and through in my head.. I mean this guy's watch when rotated to catch the light, damn near blinded me, I mean it's like he put one of Flavor Flav's clocks around his wrist, and frosted it with diamonds.... So it's at the beginning of the game, and he's texting, I'm texting, a sport's agent were sitting with is texting, a Blue's players dad is texting, and our mutual friend is pounding his Red Bull, when a sports writer that covers the Rams comes over and says hi to Brandon, saying "congrats on the signing!"

I'm thinking sweet, this dude signed something..... Then we set our phones on the table to partake in the Blues game.. Then his Blackberry starts blowing up a lil wayne song... Ironically it says: "lil wayne" then his #....... So I tell my neighbor his phone is blowing up, and it looks like it's lil wayne... My friend says who was it?? Then Brandon says Lil Wayne.. Then my friend says as in the rapper? He says Yes....

SOLD! This dudes a rapper!! I knew it!! So I play it cool, and thank god my sissy country music that plays when someone blows me up with a text is turned on vibrate..

So then midway through the period a players wife comes over to join us, and it turns out the sports agent I'm sitting with just started repping the Blues #1 goalie (at the time hint hint, his last name rhymes with Ecstasy)... So his wife is up there talking with us, were having a great time, it's a close game, and then period break comes, and finally, she asks who Brandon is? (I'm thinking yes, I'm finally going to figure this out... Turns out it's Brandon Williams and I guess he just signed on a new contract to play with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but according to his agent who we were sitting with, he tried getting him on the team the week before the Super Bowl! haha LOL (that was his joke not mine)


So the Blues end up losing in the Shootout, in what turned out to be a gut wrenching game...

Later that night though, I find out that a Sport's Cabaret has what they call:

THE BEST CHEST IN THE MIDWEST!

It takes place at 4am in that bar, and trust me, there were only 2 good chests of the 14 that were there.. I was actually disappointed because this sports cabaret is entrenched in between STL's hottest Strip Clubs! I knew we'd see a few of the girls come over to snatch up the $200 top prize, but shockingly only 2 showed at the last minute, pretty much nixing the extremely intoxicated women (except for that one bigger one, she was just sober and loving the attention) on the stage.. You should have seen their faces.. priceless...

Next thing I know it's 4:20am and were running back to the hotel so someone can make their red-eye to Vegas...

1 comment:

Eric J. Burton said...

Now I realize how boring my life is :)